Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Happy Easter!

I had a great weekend, for once! xP Saturday night Mom, Renee and I were all supposed to go out for a drink, but Pam, Andre and Mom's friend Brooke ended up coming along too. It's not that I minded them coming, Mom just should have picked a better place, or a round table where everyone could've faced each other. It was so annoying to look back and forth over each other just to get a few sentences in! But the food was good and we all had a good time. :)


Easter was pretty good too - it was more of an up and down day than Sat. Mike went to work at 9am, then a few hours later I went over to Mom's to hang until they went across the street to Nana's. Well, it was a freaking MAD HOUSE. The kids were taking turns screaming and crying, Mom was crying because Dad bitched out, and Renee was so pissed off at the kids I thought she was going to slap me just for trying to talk to her. And, how I'll never know, through all of this, Richie was sleeping on the couch like nothing was happening. He rolled over a few times, but I don't think there was a time when he actually opened his eyes or said anything. We took the kids outside, but that was a mistake - Bella kept trying to climb up the concrete steps, and Patrick kept peeing out of his shorts leg - one time he did it right behind me on the steps and ending up getting me with a drop or two. ><


Shortly after, Mike (THANKFULLY) rescued me by calling to say that they had let him go early because even though they were dead as hell, he was the only one actually doing anything. :) He got off just in time to get changed and us rush off to dinner, which was really nice for a change. Everyone was in a great mood and smiling - no fights! Cindy even brought over her boyfriend and his kid - the poor girl looked petrified to even look at any of us! The kids had a blast though, and that's all that matters in the end. :)


Yesterday and today have just been rat-filled! xP I haven't gotten them yet, but since I went to the pet store last week and held one of the rats, I have been hell bent on getting my rats, and I set next Sat. as the date I plan to go get them. (We might have to end up waiting until Sun. if Nana wants to go with us so she can hit Kohl's.) Yesterday I finished off their hammock, made a rope and a second neck-tote-back for them to crawl in when we're holding them. :) Only need a nesting box and a litter box and their cage will be complete! Today, we starting making a little table-top play area for them, but it still needs a few things before I'm going to be satisfied with it. I'm so excited to get them! :D <3


Anywho, I'm going to go print out a few more spreadsheets then take a nice, long bubble bath. :)


.


<33 Zee

No comments:

Post a Comment